|• Keen to learn new things and gain enriching experiences?
• Want to put your IT knowledge to good use?
• Do you want to be rewarded for helping people to e-File?
• Ever wonder how the annual tax filing works?
If your answers are ‘YES!’, then sign up as an e-Filing volunteer!
You will be able to help residents in your community to e-File their income tax return at the CitizenConnect Centres (CCCs) located at 18 community clubs. You can choose the centre and the day that you want to serve. Volunteer e-Filing Service (VES), a community service that brings the convenience of e-Filing of income tax to the doorstep of taxpayers, and also helps the less IT-savvy to e-File, will be available from 23 Mar to 14 Apr 2013, 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
Who are eligible?
- Students (Junior College, ITE, Polytechnics, University, or other tertiary institutions)
Volunteers should have some basic IT knowledge.
What is your role as a volunteer?
- Guide taxpayers to navigate the e-Filing website mytax.iras.gov.sg
- Encourage taxpayers to e-File on their own whenever possible
- Advise taxpayers on various avenues to obtain tax information
- Assist the CitizenConnect officers
Be assured that you are not expected to be as experienced as a tax officer and will not be held liable for the declarations made by the taxpayers.
When can I volunteer?
All volunteers must volunteer for at least two sessions. The dates for selection are:
How do I register?
Before you start your volunteering sessions, you will have to attend the e-Filing training session to be held at Revenue House (opposite Novena MRT station), Basement 1. If you are an experienced volunteer (i.e. with two or more years of VES experience), you have the option of not attending the e-Filing training. Instead, you will need to attend the shorter Refresher Course to keep you updated on the latest income tax changes.
You may sign up for your preferred training session using the links below. When signing up, do take note of the following:
1. Fill in your particulars and select the training session that you would like to attend.
2. You will receive a confirmation email upon successful registration. Please retain the email. Should you wish to change your training session, you can do so via the link provided in the email.
3. After registering for your training session, please proceed to register for your volunteer sessions at the CCCs.
4. If you have further queries on VES, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where do I volunteer?
You can select one of the CitizenConnect centres (55KB) located at 18 community clubs to volunteer your services. For your volunteer sessions at your preferred CCCs, please sign up using the links below. Do take note of the following during registration:
1. Please ensure that you sign up for a minimum of two sessions.
2. Should you wish to volunteer at more than 1 CCC, please click on "Add Event" after signing up for your first session(s) at the first CCC.
3. You will receive a confirmation email upon successful registration. Please retain the email. Should you wish to make amendments to your volunteeer sessions, you can do so via the link provided in the email.
Bukit Batok East Community Club
Chua Chu Kang Community Club
Fuchun Community Club
Gek Poh Ville Community Club
Kallang Community Club
Kim Seng Community Centre
Marine Parade Community Club
Sengkang Community Club
Tanjong Pagar Community Club
Thomson Community Club
Toa Payoh Central Community Club
Ulu Pandan Community Club
West Coast Community Centre
Woodlands Community Club
Yew Tee Community Club
Yio Chu Kang Community Club
Zhenghua Community Club
View CitizenConnect Centres in a larger map.
Map of CitizenConnect Centres
What can I expect from volunteering?
- All volunteers will receive a certificate of appreciation.
- All volunteers will be invited to an appreciation ceremony to be held in May/June 2013 (tentative date).
- Outstanding volunteers will get a chance to be nominated for Outstanding e-Filing Volunteer Awards and Commendation Awards. See criteria (27KB) for nomination.
VES Facebook group
Our long-time volunteer Paul has set up a Facebook group for volunteers to share their experiences & contribute photos!
Join us @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/142233525869598/ (you will be prompted to sign in to your Facebook account before you can view the group).
twitter.com/IRAS_sg provides you with the latest tax updates, reminders, tips and information on our latest initiatives.
If you're already a 'tweeter', follow us. If you're keen to take a look before signing up to Twitter, view our page at www.twitter.com/IRAS_sg