Check if IRAS has received my filing
- You can check the tax clearance status via myTax Portal or call our 24-hr Clearance Integrated Phone Service (1800-356 8300).
When will tax clearance be processed
- If you e-File, you can generally get tax clearance for the employee within 7 working days.
- If you file using the paper Form IR21 [ word version (329KB), pdf version (429KB)], we will finalise your employee's tax assessment within 21 days.
We will issue the clearance directive to you via post. You can also view the Clearance Directive via myTax Portal.
Change filing details
If you need to make changes after filing the Original Form IR21, please complete another Form IR21 and indicate "Amended" or Additional" as appropriate in Section A of the form.
- Indicate "Additional" if you wish to obtain further clearance on additional amount of remuneration payable to the employee after the filing of the Original e-IR21.
- Enter only the additional income payable.
- Do not enter the income details filed in the Original e-IR21.
- Indicate "Amended" if you wish to make changes to the Orginal e-IR21 submitted.
- Enter all fields as this filing supercedes the original e-IR21 filed.