If date of payment is prior to 01 July 2012, the filing of Form IR37/A/B/C/D and payment of withholding tax must be made to IRAS by the 15th of the following month from the date of payment to the non-resident
If date of payment is from 01 July 2012 onwards, the filing of Form IR37/A/B/C/D and payment of withholding tax must be made to IRAS by the 15th of the second month from the date of payment to the non-resident
The date of payment is defined as the earliest of the following dates:
- When the payment is due and payable based on the agreement or contract. In the absence of any contract or agreement, the date of invoice will be deemed the date of payment (credit terms should not be taken into consideration); or
- When payment is credited to the account of the Non-Resident or any other account(s) designated by the Non-Resident; or
- The date of actual payment.
The date of payment for director's fees is the date they are voted and approved (Example: Company's Annual General Meeting).
Form IR37 can be consolidated and submitted twice a year on 15 Jun and 15 Dec of each year based on the following criteria:
- Full tax exemption (tax rate of 0%) is claimed under the Double Taxation Agreement (DTA) (with effect from 01 Apr 2009); or
- Exemption under Approved Royalties Incentives (tax rate of 0%) is claimed (with effect from 03 Mar 2011).