If you have received the No-Filing Service (NFS) letter or SMS from IRAS, you do not need to submit an Income Tax Return, unless you have additional income to declare or have additional or changes in relief claims from last year.
We will issue you a tax bill (Notice of Assessment) based on your relief claims for last year, and the income details sent to us by your employer who participates in the Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS) for Employment Income. However, your reliefs may be adjusted if you have been informed that you do not meet the eligibility criteria.
You need to submit an Income Tax Return only if you:
- Have sources of income other than the auto-included employment income
• You have changed employer in the year 2012 and your new employer is not participating in the AIS.
• You have received rental or non-included income in the year 2012.
- Have changes in relief claims since last year
• You have a new child born in the year 2012 and you are claiming child relief on this child for the Year of Assessment 2013.
• You need to remove pre-filled reliefs for which you are no longer eligible. For example, your child started working and had income exceeding $4,000 in the year 2012.
Are you on NFS?
If you are still unsure, please log into myTax Portal (under “View Return Status”) to check whether you are on NFS. Find out more from the User Guide (333KB).