This rate applies to the transfer of both preference and ordinary shares.
Based on the Consideration or Net Asset Value, whichever is higher
- Every $100 or part thereof
The net asset value may be derived from the following:
Latest statement of accounts
• IRAS will accept the statement of accounts of an existing company ("target company") within 24 months from the date of the transfer document.
• If the target company owns property, the book value (reflected in the accounts) can be used to arrive at the net asset value. Please refer to the circular on stamping of transfer of shares.
• If the company is newly incorporated i.e. less than 18 months and owns immovable properties, the company has to prepare management accounts to determine the net asset value of its shares. The management accounts must be certified by the Director of the company.
• If the newly incorporated company does not own immovable properties, there is no requirement to prepare management accounts.
• IRAS will accept management accounts of an existing company if the latest statement of accounts has not been prepared in the last 24 months from the date of the transfer document. The management accounts must be certified by the Director of the company.