Sign up to enjoy the convenience of accessing anytime, anywhere with Electronic Documents! An SMS will be sent to notify you when your electronic tax bill is ready for viewing in myTax Portal. You will no longer receive paper bills.
If you would like to continue receiving paper notices, login to myTax Portal and update your notice preferences via "Account" > "Update Notice Preferences" > 'Select Paper Notice'.
Before getting your tax bill
1. When will I receive my tax bill?
You should receive your tax bill, also known as Notice of Assessment (NOA), from end Apr 2023 onwards.
If you have updated your Singapore mobile number with IRAS, you will receive an SMS alert when your tax bill is finalised. To update your mobile number, log in to myTax Portal using your Singpass or Singpass Foreign user Account (SFA), and click on 'Update Contact Details'.
2. I am on GIRO. Why is IRAS deducting from my bank account when I have not received my tax bill?
Once you are on GIRO payment scheme, your instalment payment for your taxes will continue in May each year to April of the following year, based on a Provisional Instalment Plan (PIP).
Your PIP is computed based on your tax payable for the previous Year of Assessment (YA). The PIP allows you to enjoy the maximum 12 months instalment.
The tax instalments will be revised subsequently when your current tax bill is finalised. The tax instalments that you have paid will be used to offset your tax assessed and the instalments for the remaining months will be adjusted accordingly.
Excess payment, if any, will be automatically refunded to you. There is no need for you to make a claim for refund.
If you wish to revise the PIP to an amount that is close to your actual tax payable, please email us.
Objection/payment after getting your tax bill
3. What should I do when I receive my tax bill?
You need to check and ensure that your income details and relief claims are accurate in your tax bill. If you have any other income that is not shown in your tax bill or if your relief claims are incorrect, please inform IRAS of any discrepancy through the “Object to Assessment” digital service in myTax Portal within 30 days from the date of your tax bill.
Examples of discrepancies in your tax bill
- You have rental income from a tenanted property, but it is not shown in your tax bill.
- You have employment income from a company that is not included in your tax bill.
- You are granted Qualifying Child Relief (QCR) for your child whose annual income in the previous year has exceeded $4,000 (i.e. you no longer satisfy the conditions for QCR).
You may be selected for the D-NOA initiative if you only had auto-included income in 2022. You do not need to file an Income Tax Return. Your tax bill would be computed based on your income provided by your employer and previous year’s relief claims.
Please check your tax bill to ensure that it is accurate. You have a legal duty to inform IRAS of any inaccurate information on your income and/or relief claims in your tax bill. There are penalties for failing to do so.
- taxability of the different types of income (e.g. employment, trade, rental)
- reliefs* that you may be able to claim using:
Personal Relief Checker
- your eligibility for Parenthood Tax Rebate using the Parenthood Tax Rebate Eligibility Tool (XLSM, 52KB)
*When claiming tax reliefs, please note that there is a total personal income tax relief cap of $80,000.
4. How do I submit an amendment to my tax bill online?
- Revise income declaration;
- Amend claims for deductions and reliefs;
- Claim Parenthood Tax Rebate; or
- Change in tax residency status (non-resident to resident, if applicable).
With this digital service, you will be able to view the pre-filled values in the original tax assessment and amend them with ease. Thereafter, you will be able to see a consolidated view of the revised income, deductions and reliefs and receive an instant acknowledgement upon submitting the objection. We will issue you the revised tax bill (digital/paper) or update you on the status of your objection within 10 working days.
Scenario: I forgot to claim child relief and/or Parenthood Tax Rebate for my child born in 2022
You may view these videos on how to amend your income tax bill online to claim for child relief/rebate:
5. What should I do if there is a discrepancy in my pre-filled employment income?
Please contact your employer directly to seek clarification. If there are subsequent amendments, your employer will transmit details of the amendments to IRAS. IRAS will send you the revised tax bill accordingly.
6. How do I pay my tax?
Income tax is payable within 1 month from the date of your tax bill. You may pay your tax via GIRO, AXS station or Internet Banking. Majority of our taxpayers pay their taxes by GIRO. Find out more about the different payment modes.
Taxpayers facing financial difficulties are advised to contact IRAS to discuss a suitable payment plan, upon receiving their tax bills. If you are paying by GIRO, you may appeal for a longer payment plan via the ‘Apply for Payment Plan’ digital service at myTax Portal using your Singpass.
7. What are the benefits of joining GIRO? How do I sign up?
GIRO is a fuss-free mode of paying your tax. You may choose to pay by monthly interest-free GIRO deductions (up to 12 months) or one (yearly) GIRO deduction. Find out more about GIRO.
8. How do I get a refund for my tax credit?
You do not need to submit a claim for refund. More than 90% of the tax credits were refunded within 7 days from the date the credit arose.
Taxpayers who pay taxes through GIRO will receive refunds in the form of tax credits through the same GIRO account. If you are using another person's bank account for GIRO payments, refunds will be made to you through cheques. Please deposit the cheque into your bank account within the 3 months’ validity period.
Other questions you may have
9. There is a change in my personal particulars. How do I update IRAS?
Find out how to update your personal particulars (e.g. name, marital status, contact details, residential/mailing address).
10. I lost my tax bill. How can I get a copy of my tax bill?
Visit myTax Portal to view or save a copy of your tax bill to your smartphone/ other devices, or print a copy of
your tax bill. Find out more on getting a copy of your tax bill and other documents.