Understanding property tax
Property tax is a tax on ownership of property whether it is rented out, owner-occupied or vacant.
Our Taxes. Our Nation.
Property tax payments goes towards funding a child’s education, medical facilities for the aged and parks for all to enjoy!
Annual Value (AV)
AV is determined based on estimated market rentals of similar or comparable properties. You can compare it with rentals listed on the HDB and URA websites.
Property tax rates
Property tax to be paid = AV X Tax Rates
Property tax rates on owner-occupied and non-owner-occupied residential properties are applied on a progressive scale. All other properties are taxed at 10% of the Annual Value.
Property tax payment
Your property tax payment is due on 31 Jan 2022.
IRAS will send customised SMS reminders with your property address, tax amount to be paid and property tax reference number. Final reminders will be sent in the last week of January.
Digital payments using your property tax reference number
- PayNow QR and AXS via myTax Portal: Payment will be updated to your tax account immediately.
- AXS (Stations, Internet and Mobile): Payment will be updated to your tax account immediately.
- Internet Banking with POSB/ DBS/ OCBC/ UOB: Select "Bill Payment" and quote the Payment Slip No. or Property Tax Reference No. when making payment. Payment will be updated to your tax account within 3 working days.
- SAM (Kiosks, Internet and Mobile): Payment will be updated to your tax account immediately.
- Other electronic payment modes.
Enjoy one-time deduction or up to 12 interest-free monthly instalments with GIRO. Get instantaneous approval from your bank if you sign up via:
- myTax Portal (for DBS/POSB and OCBC customers)
- Internet Banking (for POSB/DBS/ OCBC/ UOB customers)
- AXS stations (for DBS/POSB customers)
Taxpayers with previous GIRO arrangement with IRAS can re-activate GIRO at mytax.iras.gov.sg (Apply for Payment Plan).
Check property tax balance
Electronic property tax (e-PT) bills
Enjoy convenience and go green by choosing e-PT bills. You will be notified via SMS and/ or email when your e-PT Bill is ready. You may view your bill via our 'View Property Tax Notices' digital service.
Benefits of e-PT Bills
No more lost mails! You may access your e-PT Bills with your Singpass.
You may view up to 3 years of e-PT Bills anytime, anywhere.
Receive SMS and/ or email notifications on how much to pay and by when.
Improved property tax digital billing experience
We have launched a new initiative to improve the annual property tax digital billing experience for owners who own more than 1 property.
From Dec 2020, property owners who have opted for the consolidated electronic property tax bill will receive a single notification, instead of separate notifications, once their digital bills are ready for viewing at mytax.iras.gov.sg.
Our new and improved property dashboard allows you to get an overview of your portfolio of properties and print a consolidated summary statement.
Corporate owners are able to download essential property tax information to suit your company’s needs.
Interactive property tax bill (i-Bill)
View and pay your property tax bills on your mobile phones or laptops through i-Bill.
Every December, IRAS will send a unique link via SMS and/ or email to selected residential property owners to view their bill on an interactive platform. The last 4-digits (e.g. 6789) of the owner’s ID (e.g. NRIC or FIN) will be required for verification purpose.
Property tax digital services
You can access digital services at mytax.iras.gov.sg to:
- Manage your preference for electronic or paper notices
- View your account summary (tax account details, payment plan schedule, statement of account, etc.)
- View your property dashboard (annual value, tax rate, etc.)
- View a copy of your notices/bills and correspondence
- Apply for owner-occupier tax rates
Find out more information on our digital services.
I am overseas and cannot access to mytax.iras.gov.sg. How do I unsubscribe from receiving electronic notices?
You can email IRAS to unsubscribe from receiving electronic notices.