1. What is Singpass Foreign User Account (SFA)?
A Singpass Foreign user Account (SFA) is a Singpass account that allows foreign users to transact with selected government and private sector digital services in Singapore. This includes accessing digital services for personal and corporate tax matters in myTax Portal.
For Individual Tax Matters, you have to apply for the SFA with IRAS. Please refer to Q3 ‘How do I register for SFA’ below for the application. The new SFA account has to be activated within 30 days from date of issuance. The account will be terminated if no action is taken.
For Business tax matters (for example, Corppass users, Tax Agents etc.), you will be automatically issued a SFA by Corppass when you register a Corppass user account. In this case, you do not need to apply for a SFA with IRAS.
2. Who is eligible to apply for SFA?
Foreign individuals who do not have a Singapore Government-issued ID will be eligible to apply for a SFA with IRAS, if you need to transact with us digitally for Individual and/or Property Tax matters.
Examples of such individuals are:
- Singaporeans/Singapore PR who renounce Singapore citizenship/ Permanent Residence
- Fin Holders who have cancelled their work pass
- Foreigners who currently own an existing IRAS Tax reference no. (e.g. A1234567A)
For more information on Singpass eligibility, please visit www.singpass.gov.sg.
3. How do I register for SFA?
Before you start, please have the following information ready:
- Your National ID (e.g. Malaysian IC, Residential Identity Card). If not available, a passport document (with a validity of 6 months or more)
- A valid email address. Your SFA ID will be sent to this email address you have registered, please ensure you are able to access the email inbox before proceeding.
- Your existing tax reference number (eg. A1234567A) with IRAS if any. Please chat with us to obtain a tax reference
number in order to proceed with the application.
You can submit an application to apply for SFA.
What to expect
Steps to apply
*The Singpass mobile app is the mandatory two-factor authentication (2FA) mode for SFA. It allows login via fingerprint, face verification or 6 digit passcode.
Important: You must complete Steps 1 to 2 above to activate your SFA account within 30 days. Otherwise the SFA account will lapse and you will need to re-apply for the SFA account with IRAS.
4. What if I already have a SFA issued by another organization?
SFA can be issued by different SFA organisations (e.g. Corppass). SFA can only be used to access the digital services of the SFA organisation that issued the account to you.
If you have a SFA ID issued by another SFA organisation and you wish to access IRAS’ digital services for Individual and/or Property Tax matters, please complete the same application form in (4) above and indicate your existing SFA ID (e.g. Y1234567A). You also need to attach the same Foreign ID document (e.g. passport document or National ID) that was submitted to the other SFA organisation.
Upon processing, your existing SFA account will be linked to IRAS’ digital services.
5. How to reset SFA password?
If you need to reset your SFA password, please visit www.singpass.gov.sg for more details.
For further enquiries or assistance, you can chat with us.