How to log in to myTax Portal from 11 April 2021
From 11 Apr 2021, you will be required to log in to government digital services for businesses (G2B) using Singpass instead of Corppass. For more information, visit Corppass website.
Find out how to log in to myTax Portal:
Step 1: Authorise users for GST Filing
This step is required if your business is filing its GST return for the first time or when there is a change in the person(s) filing the GST returns. Otherwise, skip to Step 2.
The person filing the GST return must be authorised for GST (Filing and Applications) e-Service under Corppass by your business. If a third party (e.g. tax agent) files GST returns for your business, the third party must be authorised in Corppass to act for your business.
Directors or partners who are filing the GST return for their own businesses can refer to this two-page instruction (449KB).
Sole-proprietors who are filing their own GST returns can refer to this two-page instruction (502KB).
For a step-by-step instruction on authorising users (Preparer or Approver role) for GST filing, please refer to the following guides (depending on the entity you are representing):
- GST-registered Companies (PDF, 3MB)
- GST-registered Sole-proprietors, GST Group and Divisional Registrants (PDF, 2.4MB)
- GST-registered Companies under Liquidation (PDF, 2MB)
For more details, please refer to the IRAS webpage on Corppass.
Step 2: File Your GST Return on myTax Portal
Once you are authorised for GST Filing, use your SingPass to log in to myTax Portal under "Business Tax Matters" to file your organisation's GST return.
Please take note of the different roles when filing your GST return:
Can retrieve the GST return after logging into myTax Portal.
Can complete GST return and save it as a draft.
Can complete GST return and save it as a draft, or review the GST return completed by the Preparer.
Cannot submit the GST return to IRAS.
“Pending Approval” message will be displayed on screen.
Has to inform the ‘Approver’ that the draft is ready for review before submission to IRAS.
Can submit the GST return to IRAS.
Please refer to this video for a step-by-step guide on how to file your GST return on myTax Portal:
Step 3: Save a copy of the acknowledgement page and make payment
Once you have successfully filed your GST return, you will see an acknowledgement page. The acknowledgement page contains a summary of the figures you submitted and instructions on how you can make payment if you have GST payable.
Save a copy of the acknowledgement page and pay any outstanding GST by the due date.
For details on the modes and due dates for payment, please refer to the following:
If you are claiming GST refunds, you can expect to receive your refund within 30 days unless your return is under audit.
A. GST filing using Corppass account
I do not have a Corppass account. How do I log in to myTax Portal to file GST returns on behalf of my company?
You must first be authorised by your company via Corppass to transact digitally with IRAS, before you can log in to myTax Portal on behalf of your company. Refer to the above 'Step 1: Authorise users for GST filling' for more information. Once you are authorised, you can log in to myTax Portal using your Singpass account.
I have set up my Corppass account but I am unable to log in to myTax Portal. Why?
I am able to log into myTax Portal but I am unable to retrieve and file my GST return. Why?
These are the possible reasons:
- You have not been authorised for GST e-Services in Corppass. You can log in to your Corppass account to view the e-Services assigned to you. Check that you have been assigned GST (Filing and Applications) e-Service in Corppass. If you are not assigned with any GST e-Services, please approach your organisation's Corppass Admin for this matter.
- Your authorisation for GST e-Services under Corppass has expired. Please approach your Corppass Admin to either extend or re-create your GST authorisation in Corppass. Refer to IRAS Corppass webpage for more information.
How do I find out who are my company’s Corppass Admins?
I am the Preparer of my company’s GST F5. But when I click ‘Submit’, the F5 was sent to IRAS instead of the Approver. Why?
You may have been either incorrectly assigned:
- Access to all e-Services in Corppass, which includes Approver for GST filing; or
- Approver for GST filing in Corppass.
Please approach your Corppass Admin to check your e-Services assignment in Corppass.
B. GST filing for foreign entity/ID
I have set up my Corppass account to file GST returns for a foreign entity without a UEN but I encountered an ‘Access Denied’ message after entering my Singpass login details at myTax Portal. Why?
We may need to update your details in our records. Email us with the following details and attach a copy of the Corppass’ approval email:
- IRAS' Tax Reference Number (if available) e.g. A1234567E
- Date of Incorporation
- Country of Incorporation
We will inform you once the information is updated. Before you try logging into myTax Portal again, please also check that you have been assigned with “For Non-UEN entity only” and “GST (Filing and Applications)” e-Services. Refer to "Corppass Step-By-Step Guide for Foreign Entities” for instructions.
I have set up my CorpPass account under my foreign ID but I encountered an “Access Denied” message after entering my ASGD number (eg. A1234567E) at myTax Portal. Why?
You need to check:
- The ASGD number you entered is your individual IRAS’ tax reference number – foreign Admins/ Users must complete this form to obtain an individual ASGD number if they do not have a valid one.
- Your name and passport number provided for your CorpPass account setup is the same as your details in IRAS’ records – Email a copy of your passport to [email protected] for us to update your details in our records.
If you are still not able to log in to myTax Portal after performing the above, please email us.