- Apply for new appraiser’s licence
- Renew existing appraiser’s licence
- Update employer’s details
- Make licence-related fees payment
- Retrieve electronic licence
Applying As a New Applicant
The applicant should:
- Hold a degree in Real Estate from NUS or equivalent; and have at least 2 years of relevant practical experience
- Be a Member or Fellow of Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (SISV). Please visit the SISV website for membership application details. With effect from 1 Jan 2014, an applicant with a Probationer membership is not eligible for this application.
What you need to submit
Electronic copies of the following:
- NRIC/FIN (front and back);
- Real Estate degree certificate from NUS or its equivalent;
- SISV letter certifying your membership with Valuation and General Practice council;
- A testimonial from a licensed appraiser to verify that you can perform appraiser work independently, supported with 3 valuation reports performed under the supervision of the licensed appraiser. Please download the template for testimonial (PDF, 596KB); and
- A letter from your employer where you will be acting as an appraiser.
The fee for Appraiser’s Licence is $125.
Renewing Your Appraiser's Licence
Under Section 7(2) of the Appraisers Act, all licences must be renewed annually at least ten days before the expiry of the licence on 31 Dec of each calendar year.
Existing licence holders with SISV's Probationer Membership may continue to renew their Appraiser's Licence.
The fee for renewing the Appraiser’s Licence is $125.
What you need to do
A notification containing a unique code will be sent to your registered mobile number and email address before the commencement of the renewal period. Please use the unique code to activate your renewal application in the GoBusiness Licensing portal; the code will expire on 21 Dec.
If you do not receive the unique code due to a change of contact details, log in to the GoBusiness Licensing portal and complete the renewal with the Renewal Request Number (RRN) for Appraiser’s Licence. The RRN can be found under Licences Due for Renewal.
To receive notifications, please update your profile with your latest contact details in the portal.
All appraiser's licences expire on 31 Dec of each calendar year regardless of when the licence is approved. If your licence expires before it is renewed, you must re-apply for a new licence.
Upon verification of your credentials and successful payment of fees, the licence certificate will be generated immediately and made available for downloading. You can retrieve the electronic copy of your renewed licence on the GoBusiness Licensing portal.
Change of Employer listed in Appraiser's Licence
The appraiser's licence is issued to the appraiser acting on behalf of the employer. If there is a change in your employer, the following document is required:
- Letter from your current employer stating the effective date from which you will be acting on behalf of the company.
Your licence will be updated with the new employer details upon successful verification of credentials and payment. You can retrieve the electronic copy of your amended licence on the GoBusiness Licensing portal.
The fee for amending the Appraiser’s Licence is $20.
Searching for Licensed Appraisers
To find licensed appraisers, please use the enquiry search.
What is GoBusiness Licensing?
GoBusiness Licensing, previously known as LicenceOne, is a one-stop portal for businesses to apply for licences they need easily and efficiently. The portal allows business owners to obtain multiple licences simultaneously in a simplified application and payment process. It is a secured government portal owned by MTI.
How do I apply through GoBusiness Licensing?
I am an existing licensed holder and recently changed my contact details. Do I need to update you?
I have not received a notification for the renewal of Appraiser’s Licence. How do I renew my licence?
Can I delegate my renewal application to my company?
As the Appraiser’s Licence is issued to an individual and not to the company, corporate login is not available. Individual licence holders would need to log in with your Singpass and validate your submission.
Are there any changes to the licence criteria and fees?
There are no changes to the existing licence criteria and fees.