Settling Tax Matters for the Deceased

When a loved one has passed away, his tax matters need to be settled including the filing of personal income tax and trust income tax.

Filing Income Tax for the Deceased

The income earned up to the date of death is subject to income tax. Please provide us with the following details:

  1. Name, address and identification number of the legal personal representative who is handling the affairs of the deceased.
  2. Copy of the death certificate.
  3. Copy of the Grant of Probate/Letter of Administration, if available.
  4. Income details from all sources, up to the date of death (please specify breakdown for each type). Find out more about what is taxable, what is not.
  5. Type and amount of tax relief available/applicable to reduce the tax burden.
    Find out more about deductions to save tax.

Please email us the information to:

The Comptroller of Income Tax
Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
55 Newton Road, Revenue House
Singapore 307987

You may call 1800-356 8300 if you need help on filing income tax. Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Mon to Fri.

Filing Trust Income Tax for the Deceased

Income arising after the deceased's date of death is subject to trust income tax.

For details, please refer to trust income tax.

Property Tax Rates for Properties with Deceased Owners

The concessionary owner-occupier tax rates apply when the owner owns and lives in the residential property. Deceased owners are not eligible for owner-occupier tax rates. The tax rates will be adjusted upon death and the properties will be taxed at higher residential tax rates.

e-Citizen Website

You may also visit the e-Citizen website to find out other information on what to do when a loved one has passed away.



  • Strongly Disagree
  • Strongly Agree

Information is easy to understand.

Information is useful.

Information is easy to find.

Please email us if you would like us to respond to your enquiries.