Rebate for tax residents
You will be considered as a tax resident for a particular Year of Assessment if you are:
- A Singapore Citizen who resides in Singapore except for temporary absences; or
- A Singapore Permanent Resident who has established a permanent home in Singapore; or
- A foreigner who has stayed/worked in Singapore (excluding director of a company) for 183 days or more in the previous year (i.e. year before the Year of Assessment).
Amount of tax rebate
|Year of Assessment||Amount of tax rebate|
|2019||50% of tax payable, up to $200|
|2017||20% of tax payable, up to $500|
The tax rebate is calculated based on the following:
- The amount of tax payable after double taxation relief and other credits; and
- The amount of tax payable before offsetting the Parenthood Tax Rebate.