Professionals who are foreigners and physically present in Singapore for at least 183 days in the calendar year are eligible for tax refunds.
On this page:
Qualifying for Tax Refund
To claim for tax refund, the resident professional must:
- Be physically present in Singapore for at least 183 days in the calendar year concerned; and
- Complete Form B.
Completing Form B
- Declare all sources of income derived from Singapore (e.g. income from professions and employment income);
- Provide the following information to IRAS
- a schedule of physical presence to show that the resident professional was physically present in Singapore for at least 183 days in the calendar year and
- copies of the Confirmation of Payment letter on the withholding tax.
Obtaining Form B
If the resident professional has not received the tax return by 15 Mar, he can contact us.
As a resident professional:
- The income will be taxed at resident rates.
- Tax withheld previously at non-resident rates will be offset against the tax computed at resident rates.
- Any excess tax paid will be refunded.