No-Filing Service (NFS)

Individual taxpayers who have been informed of their eligibility for the NFS are not required to file a tax return.

What does No-Filing Service (NFS) Mean

The No-Filing Service or NFS means that you are not required to file a tax return. 

Your Notice of Assessment (NOA) or tax bill will be sent to you between end Apr to Sep 2017. Your NOA is computed based on your auto-included income and previous year's relief claims, which may be adjusted if you do not meet the eligibility criteria.

Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that your NOA is accurate. If you have any other income that is not shown in the NOA, or your relief claims in the NOA are incorrect, please inform us within 30 days from the date of your NOA.

You may verify the details of your auto-included information and preview your Notice of Assessment (PNOA) at myTax Portal using your SingPass or IRAS PIN from 1 Mar to 18 Apr 2017.

1) If your PNOA is accurate, you may request an early assessment.

2) If your PNOA is not accurate, you have the option of e-Filing a tax return to make the relevant changes. These changes could include:
- Additional or non auto-included sources of income (e.g. received rental income in 2016, joined a new employer that is not participating in the Auto Inclusion Scheme), or
- amendments to personal relief claims (e.g. have a newborn child in 2016, child started working and had income exceeding $4,000 in 2016).

You can refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information on NFS (80KB).

Scenarios where your PNOA is inaccurate and you wish to file a tax return when on NFS

You have sources of income other than the auto-included employment income.


  • You have changed employer in 2016 and your new employer is not participating in the Auto Inclusion Scheme (AIS).
  • You have received rental or other non auto-included income in 2016.
  • You are required to inform IRAS of your employment income from your new employer / your rental or other non auto-included income.

You have changes in relief claims since last year.

  • You have a child born in 2016. You can inform IRAS that you wish to claim child reliefs and/or the Parenthood Tax Rebate for him/her.
  • Your child started working and had income exceeding $4,000 in 2016. As you no longer satisfy the conditions for the Qualifying Child Relief, you are not allowed to claim this relief for YA 2017.
  •  You wish to claim Course Fees Relief.


Are you on NFS?

If you are still unsure, please log in to myTax Portal > "View Filing Status" to check whether you are on NFS.


  • Strongly Disagree
  • Strongly Agree

Information is easy to understand.

Information is useful.

Information is easy to find.

Please email us if you would like us to respond to your enquiries.