GIRO (General Interbank Recurring Order) is the preferred method of payment and refund. Majority of taxpayers use GIRO for tax payment and refund.
The number of instalments granted to the company for the current year of assessment depends on the promptness in filing its Estimated Chargeable Income (ECI).
No instalment arrangement will be granted for back year taxes.
|Tax payable on first ECI e-Filed within||No. of Instalments Given (Notes 1 to 3)|
|1 month from financial year end||10|
|2 months from financial year end||8|
|3 months from financial year end||6|
|After 3 months from financial year end||No instalments allowed|
- The instalment plan is subject to a minimum monthly GIRO deduction amount of $50.
- The first few instalments may be combined and deducted on the first GIRO deduction date, depending on the date of filing of ECI.
- IRAS may vary the instalment plan for companies that file revised ECIs.
Apply for GIRO arrangement
(Recommended) Master GIRO Form (PDF, 689KB)
A Master GIRO allows you to pay your Income Tax, Goods & Services Tax and/or Property Tax by completing one application form. Please use your own bank account when signing up for Master GIRO.
Otherwise, please use the Corporate Tax Application Form (PDF, 3.98MB) to sign up for GIRO if you are using a third party’s bank account.
Re-activate now via myTax Portal
Make changes to GIRO arrangement
Use a Different Bank Account for my Existing GIRO Arrangement
- Submit a new GIRO application (refer to Apply for GIRO for more information)
- Your existing GIRO arrangement will be superseded and the revised payment plan with the new bank account will be sent to you once the application is processed
- Log in to myTax Portal to view payment plan details (Select "Account > "View Payment Plan")
Terminate my GIRO Arrangement
- Contact your bank directly
- Settle any outstanding tax immediately to avoid late payment penalty
Change my Plan Type (e.g. monthly instalment to one-time deduction)