Form T must be submitted to the Comptroller of Income Tax by 15 Apr by the legal personal representative (administrator/executor) of an estate of a deceased or the trustee of an estate held in trust, private trust or settlement.

Income declaration in Form T

You must declare income earned in the preceding year arising from:

  1. Assets left behind by a deceased person, beginning 1 day after the date of death; or
  2. Assets held under a private trust/settlement.

Obtain Form T (for new estate or trust)

For a new estate or trust, the legal personal representative (LPR) or trustee has to provide information on the estate or trust via FormSG to obtain a Trust Reference Number. 

You cannot use the downloadable Form T without an assigned Trust Reference Number.

Request for another Form T

If you do not receive your Form T by 15 Mar or misplaced your Form T, you may obtain another form by:

Submit Form T

Please complete and submit the signed Form T to:  

The Comptroller of Income Tax
Compliance and Small Volume Taxes Branch
55 Newton Road
Singapore 307987

Alternatively, you may file the tax returns online via (requires Singpass authentication), or upload a copy of the documents to


When will I stop receiving Form T from IRAS?

IRAS will stop sending Forms T to the executor/administrator/trustee when all income producing  assets of the estate are no longer registered in the name of the deceased or held in trust for the beneficiaries.

I am one of the beneficiaries and I have already declared the estate's income in my personal tax return. Why do you still send Form T to me?

If you have received Form T in your capacity as a trustee, you must  declare the whole amount of the estate's taxable income from all sources under the Form T.

For your personal share of the estate's income, you must declare it in your Form B/B1 under 'Other Income'.

The estate/trust has been fully distributed. Why do I still need to file Form T this year?

A Form T has to be filed for income derived by the LPR/trustee up to the date the income source ceased.