If your tax bill is incorrect, please file an objection using the “Object to Assessment” digital service at myTax Portal.

You may pay your taxes by GIRO to enjoy up to 12 monthly interest-free instalments or opt for a one-time yearly GIRO deduction.

Before getting your tax bill

1. When will I receive my tax bill?

Generally, most taxpayers should receive their tax bills, also known as Notice of Assessment (NOA), from end Apr 2024 to end Sep 2024. As IRAS sends out tax bills in batches, some taxpayers may receive them earlier than others. 

If you have updated your Singapore mobile number with IRAS, you will receive an SMS alert when your tax bill is finalised. To update your mobile number, log in to myTax Portal using your Singpass or Singpass Foreign user Account (SFA), and click on 'Update Contact Details'.

2. I am on GIRO. Why is IRAS deducting from my bank account when I have not received my tax bill?

Once you are on GIRO payment scheme, your instalment payment for your taxes will continue in May each year to April of the following year, based on a Provisional Instalment Plan (PIP). 

Your PIP is computed based on your tax payable for the previous Year of Assessment (YA). The PIP allows you to enjoy the maximum 12 months instalment. 

The tax instalments will be revised subsequently when your current tax bill is finalised. The tax instalments that you have paid will be used to offset your tax assessed and the instalments for the remaining months will be adjusted accordingly.

Excess payment, if any, will be automatically refunded to you. There is no need for you to make a claim for refund.

If you wish to revise the PIP to an amount that is close to your actual tax payable, please email us.

Objection/payment after getting your tax bill

3. What should I do when I receive my tax bill?

You need to check and ensure that your income details and relief claims are accurate in your tax bill. If you have any other income that is not shown in your tax bill or if your relief claims (including those that are prefilled) are incorrect, please inform IRAS of any discrepancy through the “Object to Assessment” digital service in myTax Portal within 30 days from the date of your tax bill.


Direct Notice of Assessment (D-NOA)

For taxpayers who are selected for D-NOA initiative, your tax bill would be computed based on your income provided by your employer and previous year’s relief claims. 

Please check your tax bill to ensure that it is accurate. You have a legal duty to inform IRAS of any inaccurate information on your income and/or relief claims in your tax bill. There are penalties for failing to do so.

Examples of discrepancies in your tax bill

  • You have rental income from a tenanted property, but it is not shown in your tax bill.
  • You have employment income from a company that is not included in your tax bill.
  • You are granted Qualifying Child Relief (QCR) for your child whose annual income in the previous year has exceeded $4,000 (i.e. you no longer satisfy the conditions for QCR).
  • Your employment income, which was transmitted to us via Auto-Inclusion Scheme, was double assessed due to duplicate reporting of income in your filing.
  • You are a foreigner employee who has been re-employed in Singapore and has reported your income which was previously assessed during tax clearance.
  • You are under the No-Filing Service (NFS) and did not claim your reliefs as you were unaware that reliefs are not prefilled for first-time claims.
Find out more about:

*When claiming tax reliefs, please note that there is a total personal income tax relief cap of $80,000.

4. How do I submit an amendment to my tax bill online?

You may use the “Object to Assessment” digital service at myTax Portal to file an objection for any of the following purposes:

  1. Revise income declaration;
  2. Add or amend claims for deductions and reliefs;
  3. Claim Parenthood Tax Rebate; or
  4. Change in tax residency status (non-resident to resident, if applicable).

This digital service allows you to easily view the pre-filled values in the original tax assessment and make amendments. Thereafter, you will be able to see a consolidated view of the revised income, deductions and reliefs and receive an instant acknowledgement upon submitting the objection. We will issue the revised tax bill (digital/paper) or provide an update on the status of your objection within 10 working days.

Scenario: I forgot to claim child relief and/or Parenthood Tax Rebate for my child born in 2023

You may view these videos on how to amend your income tax bill online to claim for child relief/rebate:

If you are not able to use the digital service, you may email us via myTax Mail. To do so, log in to myTax Portal using your Singpass or Singpass Foreign user Account (SFA), and click on myTax Mail followed by ‘New Enquiry’.

Generally, we will update you on the status of your objection and reply to your email within 15 working days. 

5. What should I do if there is a discrepancy in my pre-filled employment income?

Please contact your employer directly to seek clarification. If there are subsequent amendments, your employer will transmit details of the amendments to IRAS. IRAS will send you the revised tax bill accordingly.

6. How do I pay my tax?

Income tax is payable within 1 month from the date of your tax bill. You may pay your tax via GIRO, AXS station or Internet Banking. Majority of our taxpayers pay their taxes by GIRO. Find out more about the different payment modes.

If you are facing financial difficulties, you may request for a longer payment plan via the ‘Apply for Payment Plan’ digital service at myTax Portal using your Singpass upon receiving your tax bill, if you are under GIRO.

7. What are the benefits of joining GIRO? How do I sign up?

GIRO is a fuss-free mode of paying your tax. You may choose to pay by monthly interest-free GIRO deductions (up to 12 months) or one (yearly) GIRO deduction. Find out more about GIRO.

8. How do I get a refund for my tax credit?

You do not need to submit a claim for refund. More than 90% of the tax credits were refunded within 7 days from the date the credit arose.

Taxpayers who pay taxes through GIRO will receive refunds in the form of tax credits through the same GIRO account. If you are using another person's bank account for GIRO payments, refunds will be made to you through cheques. Please deposit the cheque into your bank account within the 3 months’ validity period.

Other questions you may have

9. There is a change in my personal particulars. How do I update IRAS?

Find out how to update your personal particulars (e.g. name, marital status, contact details, residential/mailing address).

10. I lost my tax bill. How can I get a copy of my tax bill?

Visit myTax Portal to view or save a copy of your tax bill to your smartphone/ other devices, or print a copy of your tax bill. Find out more on getting a copy of your tax bill and other documents.

11. I am not required to file my income tax but I need a copy of my tax bill. 

If you did not receive any filing notification and your annual income falls below the income threshold for income tax declaration, you are not required to file an income tax return and no tax bill will be issued. 

If you need the tax bill to certify your income, you may present other income documents such as payslips, Form IR8A/IR8E from your employer or certified statement of account if you are self-employed.