Find out more about the one-off personal tax rebate that has been announced in the Singapore Budget speech for all tax resident individuals in Years of Assessment 2017 and 2019.
On this page:
Rebate for tax residents
You will be considered as a tax resident for a particular Year of Assessment if you are:
- A Singapore Citizen who resides in Singapore except for temporary absences; or
- A Singapore Permanent Resident who has established a permanent home in Singapore; or
- A foreigner who has stayed/worked in Singapore (excluding director of a company) for 183 days or more in the previous year (i.e. year before the Year of Assessment).
Amount of tax rebate
|Year of Assessment||Amount of tax rebate|
|2019||50% of tax payable, up to $200|
|2017||20% of tax payable, up to $500|
The tax rebate is calculated based on the following:
- The amount of tax payable after double taxation relief and other credits; and
- The amount of tax payable before offsetting the Parenthood Tax Rebate.
You do not need to apply for this rebate. IRAS will compute and grant the rebate automatically to all tax residents.