Conditions for Remission
- The donation recipient is an Institution of a Public Character (IPC) under the Charities Act
- The donor had paid ad valorem duty when he acquired the property or the shares unless stamp duty has been remitted
- The donation instrument is executed on or after 10 Nov 2008
Link to legislation
Please click here to access the remission rules.
How to Apply
To apply for the ABSD remission, please submit an online application with the supporting documents via the e-Stamping Portal (select “Apply for Assessment/ Appeal/ Remission” under “Requests”) within 14 days from the date of the donation instrument.
List of Supporting Documents Required for Application
- Documents relating to the donation of the property or shares
- Documents to support that ad valorem duty has been paid or remitted when the donor acquired the property or shares intended for donation. E.g. a copy of the Stamp Certificate
- Documents to support that the recipient is a registered and an active IPC