Conditions for Remission
- The donation recipient is an Institution of a Public Character (IPC) under the Charities Act
- The donor had paid ad valorem duty when he acquired the property or the shares unless stamp duty has been remitted
- The donation instrument is executed on or after 10 Nov 2008
Link to legislation
Please refer to Stamp Duties (Donations to Institution of a Public Character) (Remission) Rules for the remission rules.
How to apply
To apply for the ABSD remission, please submit an online application with the supporting documents via the e-Stamping Portal (select “Apply for Assessment/ Appeal” under “Request”) within 14 days from the date of the donation instrument.
List of supporting documents required for application
- Documents relating to the donation of the property or shares
- Documents to support that ad valorem duty has been paid or remitted when the donor acquired the property or shares intended for donation e.g. a copy of the Stamp Certificate
- Documents to support that the recipient is a registered and an active IPC