Conditions for remission
- The transfer
- is a result of compliance with any order of Court for division of matrimonial assets (e.g. a proceeding for a decree of divorce, judicial separation or nullity of marriage under the law or religion.) or
- is in consequence of a divorce proceeding
- The property to be transferred by a party to the matrimonial proceedings to
- the other party to the matrimonial proceedings and/or
- any child or children of the marriage (or former marriage) of the parties to those proceedings
Link to legislation
Please refer to Stamp Duties (Matrimonial Proceedings) (Remission) Rules for the remission rules.
How to apply
You can e-Stamp via the e-Stamping Portal to obtain the remission certificate.