The Start-up Kit will provide you with:
- Useful and customised tips relating to your tax obligation, business renewal requirement and availability of government grants, based on your responses to key questions. These tips include:
- Tips on how to e-File your annual Income Tax Return;
- Your tax obligation as an employer to report your employees’ annual income and/or to seek tax clearance for your non-Singapore Citizen employees;
- Your record keeping obligations;
- GST information such as your liability to register for GST;
- ACRA’s information on renewal of business registration; and
- Website link to SMEs Go Digital programme to help new SMEs start their business right with foundational and easy-to-deploy digital solutions.
- Email reminder from [email protected] within 1 month before the commencement of e-Filing.
You will need your business’s Unique Entity Number (UEN) to access the kit. Within 5 minutes, you will receive a tailored timeline for important filing due dates with IRAS and ACRA.
As this is a self-help kit, information provided will not be updated in IRAS’ or ACRA’s records.
Is it compulsory for me to access the New Sole-Proprietorship and Partnership Start-up Kit?
No, it is not compulsory to access the Start-up Kit. However, we strongly encourage new business owners to use it to learn about their business tax obligations.
Can more than 1 owner or staff of my business access the Start-up Kit?
Yes, more than 1 owner (for partnership) or staff of the business may access the Start-up Kit. Customised messages will be provided depending on the information you furnished into the kit.
Will I be able to retrieve and update the information that I have earlier provided in the Start-up Kit after I end the session?
No, you will not be able to retrieve and update the information provided in the Start-up Kit after you have ended the session. This is because IRAS does not store the information provided. If you wish to change your responses after exiting from the kit, you will need to re-enter the kit.
You can however change your responses within the same session by clicking the “Edit” button in the summary page. The filing timeline and “Summary” section will be updated based on your modified responses. You can select “Print” for desktop users or “Save Screen” for mobile users if you wish to save a copy of the customised summary page.
What can I expect after accessing the Start-up Kit?
If you received an invitation email from IRAS to access the Start-up Kit and have answered all the required questions in the Start-up Kit, you will receive an email reminder from IRAS 1 month prior to the filing start date in Mar (for Sole-Proprietor) and in Feb (for Partnership).
I encountered technical issues when accessing the Start-up Kit and I am unable to proceed further. What should I do?
Please email the following information (where applicable) to [email protected]:
- Subject: New Sole-Proprietorship and Partnership Start-up Kit
- Tax reference number / Unique Entity Number (UEN)
- Date of registration
- Contact number
- Device used (e.g. desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet)
- Browser version
- Steps to trigger error (e.g. error message was prompted after clicking on the “Proceed” button)
- Screenshot of technical error encountered, including:
- Date and time the error occurred
- Error message
How can I provide my feedback / suggestions on the Start-up Kit?
You may rate the digital service at the end of your New Sole-Proprietorship and Partnership Start-up Kit session.